I would like to keep exploring ideas on using AR to create magic tricks. I am really excited to use AR to tell interactive stories. For the next week I am planning to create a Mixed Reality piece where I will not just overlay virtual objects but anchor them to the real world. The piece called a regular day of a magician at a coffeeshop. I would be augmenting a cup of coffee.
I will be using webcam as main camera, them create a storyline, overlay 3D objects, mix and play with virtual and real objects.
- 3D straw in AR becomes a real straw.
- A virtual character appears and drinks the milk/coffee the cup.
- 3D donut in AR becomes a real donut.
- Write a story of a magician at a coffeeshop
- Understand how to leverage the object recognition (object targets? posenet?)
- Create a virtual *playback* to navigate through the script
Inspirations: Richard Wiseman’s Quirkology videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNbF006Y5x4) and Zack King’s vines, but he is primarily uses video editing (ex. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbZ9lVvvduM)